Sending confidential e-mail using Apple Mail is always a risk if you don't use some kind of encryption. GPGMail gives you peace of mind as a secure plugin to encrypt e-mail send in Mail.
GPGMail is an open source plugin for Apple Mail which signs, verifies, encrypts and decrypts mails using something known as the PGP standard. Once installed, GPGMail encrypts your mail before sending it. GPGMail uses a special signature so that the receiver of the e-mail can be sure the information has been sent by only you. It's even possible for them to see if anything has been changed since the original was sent.
The only problem that Mail users may have with GPGMail however is with further updates to OS X. The last update to Snow Leopard caused many problems with Mail including the failure of GPGMail to work properly.
GPGMail gives Apple Mail users peace of mind that their mail is being sent securely.
- * Important: Our new home is http://gpgtools.org.
- * Important: Now compatible with OS X 10.6.7.
- * Important: You might have to recheck your GPGMail configuration.
- * Issue 3: Fix: Checked "Encrypt reply to OpenPGP-encrypted message" does not work.
- * Issue 19: Fix: Choose key for encryption does not show keys..
- * Issue 20: Fix: Invalid crypto engine.
- * Issue 27: Fix: GPG Exception - Bad Passphrase (pinentry-mac crash).
- * Issue 97: Fix: GPGMail does not sign though it is set by default.
- * Issue 108: Fix: GPGMail not signing by default when set to choose keys by account.
- * Issue 112: Fix: Current Build of GPGMail Is Not Supported On Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J842).
- * Issue 115: Fix: Rename PGP to OpenPGP.
- * Issue 132: Fix: Can not decrypt recently sent messages.
- * Issue 134: Fix: Mail.bundle gets deactivated by Mail.app each time Mail.app is opened.
- * Issue 2: Enhancement: Provide a compressed DMG with a background image.
- * Issue 15: Enhancement: Add "Comment" section to signature.
- * Issue 96: Enhancement: Change warning about missing private key.
- * Issue 104: Enhancement: Installer should have a look at /L/M/B.
- * Issue 122: Enhancement: Add Logo to the window, which appears when checking for updates.
- * Old issue 23: Fixed the "Use Keychain to store passphrases" bug.
- * Old issue 79: Fixed the "Encrypted reply to an encrypted message" bug.
- * Old issue 81: Fixed the "update now button" bug.
- * Old issue 97: Fixed the "check for update pulldown menu" bug.
- * Old issue 110: Fixed the "password chaching/timeout" bug.
- * Old issue 192: Added the "Do not check for updates at the first start" feature.
- * Old issue 197: Fixed the "show passphrase setting" bug.
- * Old issue 210: Fixed the "no longer prompted to enter passphrase" bug.
- * Old issue 233: Fixed the "bundle is a folder" bug.
- * Old issue 236: Fixed the "wrong bundle version and icon shown" bug.
- * Translation: Swedish (thank you Mischa!).
- * Other: New icons (thank you Josef!).
- * Other: Shared preferences for different GPG tools.
- * Other: Massive code cleanup.
- * Checksum: 57ceb923ec6eebba49496ff135b70a68e7e0bc30 (SHA-1).